Old January 29th 05, 03:18 PM
Charles

In article , ArcAxis
wrote:

AOL has claimed discontinuence of the service because out of the millions of
AOL subscribers only about a 1000 people actually use it and they deemed it
just wasn't worth the upkeep for so few.

I think that count has to be wrong, too low. One of the newsgroups I
subscibe to has at least 20 AOL users who post, probably more who lurk.
Many of them have posted trying to figure out what to do.

I've signed on to Google beta newsgroups and it works, just not as
easy to quickly browse through my newsgroups as I'm used to with AOL.
I looked at Agent and Mozilla Thunderbird as alternatives and it
doesn't appear they can be used through AOL as they need either an
NNTP server address which AOL doesn't provide. Maybe someone knows a
work around for this.

Your workaround is to dump AOL and get a high speed connection if cable
or DSL is available in your area.

--
Charles