Old April 21st 17, 03:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Micro 4/3 at ISO 3200

In article , Davoud
wrote:

Davoud:
Uh, OK, looks good, but do people really go around shooting at ISO
3200? If so, why, outside of astrophotography?

Eric Stevens:
All OK, but high ISO cuts down the possible dynamic range. Keep it low
if you can.

Exactly so. ISO 3200 may be trendy, but I'm interested in picture
quality, not trendiness. I shoot between ISO 100 and 200. Not enough
light? That's what off-camera flashes are for

flash is not always allowed, on or off camera, particularly in
theaters, museums and other places, and even if it is allowed, it can
be rather annoying to others. in those situations, iso 3200 may be your
only option to get a photo.