Old January 30th 06, 02:40 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default 4X5 film holders

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...
Robert J. Mathes spake thus:

I have a couple of 4x5 film holders where the black
clothe-like tape that
allows the bottom of the holder to swing open has torn
and needs to be
replaced. I'm hoping someone can guide me to a source
where I can buy this
tape to repair these holders. Thanks.

If you can get ahold of the old black cloth electrician's
tape, this will work admirably. Dunno where to get it--is
it even still available? Maybe 2nd-hand stores.

You can also glue any kind of black fabric over the edge,
using Elmer's or equivalent if it's a wooden holder. It
needn't be light-tight; there's a light trap in the little
door.

At one time Calumet had the tape but Robert is right, its
just a hinge, not a light blocker, so any cloth or cloth
tape will work.

--
---
Richard Knoppow