Old September 10th 17, 06:06 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
Chaya Eve

Default Technical & legal background using copyrighted fonts in custom road signs in PowerPoint

On Sat, 9 Sep 2017 19:57:23 +1200, David Empson
wrote:

If the presentation needs to be editable on both Mac and Windows, and
must have an embedded font, then PowerPoint is not a practical solution
for a general audience.

Thank you for testing out the Mac.
I have written up the report, which is due on Monday, for the teacher.

The final solution will be different for the Mac than for Windows.
From this: http://wetakepic.com/images/2017/09/10/roadsign_4.png
To this: http://wetakepic.com/images/2017/09/10/roadsign_5.png

For Windows, we will just provide the PowerPoint file which already has the
entire font set embedded in it. This is the easiest for the Windows users
to edit the file to add whatever they want without having to deal with the
added issue of installing and deleting fonts.
http://wetakepic.com/images/2017/09/10/roadsign_2.png

For the Mac, any solution will be more complex as we have no choice but to
provide the installable font file itself, and then to have every Mac user
learn how to install the font and then for them to additionally learn how
to delete the font on the Mac when they are done with the project.

Thank you for your help in outlining the details which even Microsoft
didn't say in their document on how to embed fonts into Power Point
documents on the Mac so it's something we had to find out on our own.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-in-powerpoint