Old June 24th 04, 01:38 AM
John McWilliams

Default [Meta] POLL: Who here would support a moderated version of rec.photo.digital?

Bay Area Dave wrote:

John McWilliams wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote:

John McWilliams wrote:

Uh, "WebKatz"- just what is your interest in photograpy? Or are you
pushing an agenda? Are you saving us from ourselves?

why not ask Lionel the same question, John?

Because there's no need to. Lionel displays a sound knowledge of
digital photography which he shares with others. He's pleasant to all
but those who either hate him or worship him.

Since there are so many posts under false names, do "you" have a
demonstratable interest in digital photography?

absolutely! I've posted a number of questions that have garnered some
thoughtful discussion. and i don't "hate" or worship Lionel. I'm just
debating the usefulness of creating a shadow of this newsgroup. I think
it's counter productive. If he REALLY likes the idea of another group,
my contention is that it should fly on it's own.

He's been MOSTLY pleasant in his responses to me (one little lapse,
perhaps g) but nothing that truly offends me.

I'd like to see the newsgroup return to discussing the pros and cons of
the various cameras, accessories, and techniques that are available now
and on the horizon. THAT'S what drew me to this group in the first place.

I didn't mean to imply you had any energy towards any one, and with so
many posting under other's names, it's hard to know who's on first at
times. Have there been postings in this NG under your name that weren't
yours?

And what kind of photography intersests you? In the hopes we'll all get
back to what brought *many* of us here....

--
John McWilliams