Old August 26th 05, 06:12 PM
Walter Mitty

Ronnie Sellar wrote:
Walter Mitty wrote:

Is this lens incompatible with the built in flash? I keep getting a
shadowy half moon at the bottom of the picture.

Additionally, having played around : this dark area only occurs with
the lens between 12 & 18 mm and only with flash. So not the lens
obstructing the light since then I'd get the dark area with the lens
fully extended at 24 mm?

Well the angle of view is wider at 12mm so more likely to include the area
in the lens' shadow. The 24mm view may not be wide enough to see the
shadow. The other problem is the D70 built in flash doesn't cover the
whole frame with a 12mm lens. Can't remember off hand what the limit is
but its not 12mm.

I stayed in the same position photographing the same object. If it was a
"shadow" wouldn't it be in same location in the real world?