Old April 4th 10, 07:52 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Stefan Patric[_3_]

Default Capacity/life of rapid fixer

On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 03:29:41 -0700, sreenath wrote:

Hi,

I am using a rapid fixer sold in India be the name "Agefix" The
instructions that come with the bottle just suggests a dilution of 3-5
times for film.

I have been using the suggested dilution with no problem.

My question is the capacity of this diluted fixer. I kept using the 1
liter for more than a year. Every time I do a film clip test and observe
that film clears very quickly.

Is it possible for the fixer to clear the film clipping but still be
unable to fix the film completely?

Are there any other tests for fixers?

Agefix is an Agfa product. With standard dilution, no replenishment, 1
liter will fix 1 square meter of film before the fixer is exhausted.
That's about 20 rolls of 36 exposure, 35mm film.

Here's a link to the Agfa film chemistry pdf. The Agefix info is on page
12 of the document.

http://www.cri.ensmp.fr/~silber/photo/docs/films.pdf

Stef