Old December 6th 06, 02:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

Default Used Minolta 7d or Sony A100?

Geir Eivind Mork wrote:
I'm as one might guess a Minolta user with lots of minolta lenses. I'm
at last considering going digital, but Minolta hasn't exactly been
releasing tons of cameras to consider.

I currently have a Minolta 700si which predates the Minolta 7 which the
Minolta 7d is based on. And I really like the build of it compared to
the cheaper 5-series. But the Minolta 7d is still 6 megapixles and goes
for about US$750-up on the used marked (where i know to look at least)
and the 10 mpx a100 do go for US$1000-up.

So, Either the build quality and (in some way) better handling of the
7d, or do the a100 pack that much punch to be prefered at that price point.

Or wait and see what Sony do next. I'm really not impressed with the
A100 as I see it as an upgrade from the 5D to 10 Mpix.

I want to see what they do as an upgrade from the 7D to 10 or more Mpix
before I commit.

The A100 goes for US$900 here. Order it from B&H in New York. I'm not
sure how Norwegian customs are, however...

Cheers,
Alan

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.