Old July 23rd 04, 06:42 PM
Nick Zentena

Default Is it Copal or copal? Then what is it?

ATIPPETT wrote:
I am confused as to the use of the term copal. I have seen it in references to
lens board openings, in referecnes to shutters (separate from the lens), and I
have seen it in both upper and lower case.

I found one reference that copal #00 was a 25mm opening.

So what is copal/Copal #0, #1, #3, and #3S and how do they relate to lens
boards.

Copal is a shutter company. A #0 is smaller then a #1 which smaller then
the #3. Or if you've got older lenses you might find a #2,#4 or #5 shutter.
Did Copal make anything that big? You need a hole in your lensboard that
matches the shutter on your lens.

The hole on the lensboard must match the shutter. Unless the lens
is too big for your lensboard that's the only issue.

Nick