Old September 10th 14, 12:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Size matters ‚ how else could Dell squeeze 15 million pixels into this 27" 5K monitor?

On Tue, 09 Sep 2014 18:44:20 -0400, PeterN wrote:

On 9/7/2014 3:52 AM, android wrote:
In article ,
PeterN wrote:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/09...tor_and_stuff/

I would hesitate to buy a Dell unit at any price.

Update:

Maybe I should give you this to ponder:

http://tinyurl.com/pkxnqyb

The article clears up why tinted panels goes through the Dell QC and I
can confirm this since I've observed it myself on a U2412M.
The current models have the look to produced by the same subcontractor.

I should have made it clear that I was talking abut the technology, not
the brand.
While many folk find Dell adequate for business uses, it would take a
lot for me to purchase a Dell for graphics.

I would agre with you about ordinary run of the mill screens but the
Ultrasharp screens are in a different class from the business screens
(I have both categories).

Here is the test report which came with one of my screens
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...20Print005.jpg

Here is a D300 photograph of my two U2410 screens showing a screen
saver. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...SC7199_DxO.jpg

Eric Stevens