Old March 12th 10, 08:17 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Lawrence Akutagawa

Default Going back to film...

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
On 10-03-11 23:33 , wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:
On 10-03-10 23:59 , Neil Gould wrote:
"Alan wrote:\

One problem with this line of reasoning is that you are describing two
pools of photo takers.

Yes to the "two pools" notion, and the "conservators" being a much
smaller group. (I don't see that as a "problem" however).

Of course you don't, it's your position and you have repeatedly shown
you have no intent on ever bending your position no matter how much
evidence is thrown at you. I highly doubt the "conservators" are much
more than .1% of camera users, if even that. And of those an even
smaller % will be successful at even 100 year archival status of digital
data.

It's like you don't read.

What part of 1 in 1,000,000 is so hard for you to get? And even if the
number is 1 in 10,000,000 there will still be an immense number of photos
that go 500 years.

/snip - follow the thread/
.

egads...questions, questions, followed by more questions from one Alan
Browne. Hey Alan - I have two questions for you that you didn't answer in
another thread but instead faded away -

You said as per my cited references in that thread, and I quote:

"I did say "show me an authoritative source that says the opposite of
digital is analog, that film is an analog."

"So far a lot of comparisons or references to hobby sites."

Question 1:
In exactly what hobby do you place
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary
Copyright © 2002. Published by Houghton Mifflin.
All rights reserved.
http://foldoc.org/computing+dictionary ?

Question 2:
Why do you see that American Heritage Science Dictionary not to be
authoritative?

ummm...and if you will, please answer the same two questions relative to
each and every one of my other cited references. I'm just curious as to how
your world looks at these as being hobby sites and not authoritative.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/
http://www.synonym.com/antonym/
http://dictionary.reference.com/
which in addtion to the The American Heritage Science Dictionary