Old October 9th 09, 10:14 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Alan Browne

Default MF lenses on Sony a900

Mike Benveniste wrote:
"Alan Browne" wrote:

How do you cock the leaf shutter and trigger it?

My answer is "awkwardly at best." On the 645, the procedure
is described he
http://www.pentaximaging.com/files/m...135mm_Lens.pdf

I think it's the roughly the same procedure when using the adapter.
Set the camera to manual mode at 1/8th of a second, select f-stop
and shutter speed on the lens, cock and shoot.

Hmm. No way I can do that with the HB lens as the leaf shutter
cock/release is on the back flange of the lens. No way to trip it (that
I can tell).

With my adapter, it is the camera shutter that is used, not the leaf
in the lenses (Hasselblad).

Mine works the same way, unless I want a 1/500th sync speed for
some reason.

My Sony a900 syncs at 1/250 and the Minolta Maxxum 9 at 1/300 so it's
not that big a deal (For that matter, I can safely sync the 9 to about
1/350).

The Minolta (or Sony) 100 f/2.8 macro completely blows away the
Hasselblad (since the Hassy is 1:3 and the Minolta is 1:1 that goes to
follow).

The Pentax is 1:1 natively, so it ought to be interesting.