Old October 9th 09, 04:10 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Mike Benveniste

Default MF lenses on Sony a900

"Alan Browne" wrote:

How do you cock the leaf shutter and trigger it?

My answer is "awkwardly at best." On the 645, the procedure
is described he
http://www.pentaximaging.com/files/m...135mm_Lens.pdf

I think it's the roughly the same procedure when using the adapter.
Set the camera to manual mode at 1/8th of a second, select f-stop
and shutter speed on the lens, cock and shoot.

With my adapter, it is the camera shutter that is used, not the leaf in
the lenses (Hasselblad).

Mine works the same way, unless I want a 1/500th sync speed for
some reason.

The Minolta (or Sony) 100 f/2.8 macro completely blows away the
Hasselblad (since the Hassy is 1:3 and the Minolta is 1:1 that goes to
follow).

The Pentax is 1:1 natively, so it ought to be interesting.

--
Mike Benveniste -- (Clarification Required)
Don't succumb to the false authority of a tool or model. There