Old October 8th 09, 07:28 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Alan Browne

Default MF lenses on Sony a900

Michael Benveniste wrote:
On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 18:56:14 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:

Anyone else using their MF lenses on 35mm bodies?

I recently bought an adapter to allow use of my Pentax 645 lenses on
my Nikon cameras, but haven't done much with it yet. The two lenses I
plan on trying are a 135mm f/4LS, for it's leaf shutter, and the 120mm
f/4 Macro in a head-to-head comparison with a 105mm VR.

How do you cock the leaf shutter and trigger it?

With my adapter, it is the camera shutter that is used, not the leaf in
the lenses (Hasselblad).

I compared the Hassy 120 f/4 Makro to the Sony 135 f/1.8 (non macro) for
very comparable results in the center area at max-close focus.

The Minolta (or Sony) 100 f/2.8 macro completely blows away the
Hasselblad (since the Hassy is 1:3 and the Minolta is 1:1 that goes to
follow).