Old March 18th 18, 10:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

Default Fuji MF weirdness

Something I wasn't aware of until I read this article:
https://blog.mingthein.com/2018/03/1...es-on-the-x1d/

The Fuji X1D has no mechanical shutter and it takes a full 1/3s to read
the sensor, which is an eternity and means that you have to be careful
about how you hold the camera:

"Rolling shutter, beware. It?s not just moving objects; hold the camera
stead else verticals may wiggle."

And the camera is limited to ISO 3200:
"There is also no calibration data above ISO 3200 for various technical
reasons, so this is your maximum speed"

A bit strange why a camera, especially one with a MF sensor, would be
limited to ISO 3200.
--
Alfred Molon