Old October 3rd 08, 03:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
dwight[_2_]

Default free newsgroup service

"Bob Haar" wrote in message
On 10/2/08 12:54 PMOct 2, "Jack" wrote:

Comcast has just announced that it will no longer offer free newsgroup
service as of october 25th.

Where have you been? This was on Comcast's web site about two weeks ago.

The only time I see Comcast's website is when I log on to make a payment.
And I don't spend any more time on their lousy home page than necessary.
(Could they manage to squeeze in ANY more advertisements?)

I just today received an email notification from Comcast that they were
dropping newsgroups. I've known for quite some time, only because I read
about this ON a newsgroup, but I got my o-fficial notice today.

dwight