Old October 25th 05, 11:26 AM
Chris Brown

Default what computer specs for making larger prints from scanned 4x5 slides

In article ,
Ed Margiewicz wrote:
recently purchased an epson 4900 scanner for some of my 4x5 and 6x6
slides. My old dell computer (about 5 years old) freezes up with file sizes
over 600k. If I would like to make large prints (30 or 40 or bigger) from
scanned slides what would I need or look for in a new computer to handle
such large file sizes. I am guessing file sizes up to 500mb. Any help or
suggestions are appreciated.

I'm using a PowerMac G4, 1.25GHz with 2 gigabytes of RAM. Scanned 4x5 makes
it a bit sluggish. Get the fastest machine you can, and put as much memory
as it'll take in it.