Old October 25th 05, 08:12 AM

Default what computer specs for making larger prints from scanned 4x5 slides

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:35:29 -0700, "Ed Margiewicz" wrote:

recently purchased an epson 4900 scanner for some of my 4x5 and 6x6
slides. My old dell computer (about 5 years old) freezes up with file sizes
over 600k. If I would like to make large prints (30 or 40 or bigger) from
scanned slides what would I need or look for in a new computer to handle
such large file sizes. I am guessing file sizes up to 500mb. Any help or
suggestions are appreciated.

P4 3GHz with 2 gig of memory with a large HD would make it easy.