Old June 10th 05, 01:13 PM
ASAAR

On 10 Jun 2005 01:31:55 -0700, Susan (Graphic Artist) wrote:

So, is this my new AA battery summary correct (if not, what is wrong)?
- $350, 3MP, 10x zoom, Canon PowerShot S1IS I takes AA batteries native
- $550, 5MP, 8x zoom, Nikon CoolPix 5700 is $150 more for AA batteries
- $800, 8MP, 7x zoom, DiMAGE Minolta A2 is maybe $100 more for AA?

Please help me as I am utterly amazed there are only three cameras
which even come close to these pretty universal simple 4 features.
- AA batteries
- Excellent photo quality
- 7x zoom
- Compact Flash

Does the new Canon S2 IS not meet your requirements? If it
doesn't, I imagine that it would be due to replacing CF with SD
cards. It replaces the 3mp sensor in the S1 IS with a 5mp sensor.

How about the Fuji S7000? It's zoom is a bit lower than you
specified, only 6x, but it uses AA batteries, CF cards, and has the
Super CCD 6mp sensor that's capable of being interpolated to a
bloated 12mp, but you don't have to use that feature if you don't
want to.