Old July 8th 04, 01:33 AM
Mark B.

Default Which lens for wedding (Canon 300d)

"Mark B." wrote in message
"mjd" wrote in message
om...
I photograph quite a few weddings.

Normally I use my 300D with the 1.8 EF lens and a Fuji s7000 during
the ceremony. (90% Canon). I use the Fuji for zoom shots.

Now I have a Canon 28 -135 IS lens. The question is which lens to
use on the Canon during the ceremony.

Which lens will offer better low light performance? (usually shoot at
400).

Which lens will produce the sharpest image?

I'm assuming you mean the 50mm f/1.8, which will be the sharper of the

two.
If it was me, I'd feel very limited in composition compared to the zoom.
The zoom is, of course, image stabilized so I would think you can get
relatively sharp images compared to a non-IS zoom. Regardless of the

lens,
the 300D will give cleaner images than the 300D.

Mark

D'oh! I meant the 300D will give cleaner images than the Fuji.

Mark