Old April 12th 05, 11:52 AM

: I found a Sears-branded K-mount 80-200mm/4 zoom at a thrift store
: recently. I've been trying to find any information about it since then,
: myself. There's not a lot out there. They switched manufacturers a lot,

: Sears, JC Penney, K-Mart, et al were supplied by whatever company would make
: them cheapest. Don't expect anything of value image-wise.

While they're certainly not as good as expensive stuff, it's still better to
have a mediocre prime lens that can reach a subject by itself than to rely on zooms
with multipliers to get there. I wouldn't necessarily dismiss any value from it,
since I can't afford to replace it with anything better.

Also, a lot of third-party lenses were made by and equivalent to more
respected names at the time. It's just harder to find out for sure.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss *