Old April 11th 05, 02:41 PM

Default Old beast lens info (300/5.5 prime)

Hey all... I recently got an old Sears-branded 300mm f/5.5 screwmount
telephoto. From the looks of it, it seems to be identical to a vivitar on ebay like
this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

From the S/N, its alegedly Tokina-built if it's a Vivitar model. Looks a lot
like the second from the right in the back of this pile:
http://www.vermontel.net/~wsalati/Ca...t4_for_two.htm

Does anyone know of this sort of beast? I know a lot of the Vivitars are cult
classic enough to have lots of info on them, but off-off-brand (like the Sears) are
tough to find info on. It seems to take pretty good shots on my *ist-DS, with a bit
of CA on the edges. It doesn't say multicoated on it anywhere, but is it possible it
is, anyway?

Just looking to know if there are any thoughts on an old clunker like this.

Thanks,
-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss *