Old October 21st 17, 06:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Adobe moves the rental/service economy onward

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

| I had to recompile the help file, after fixing
| the CSS, so that I could read it. (The text is invisible!)
| Very few people can or will recompile help files.
|
| very few people intentionally cripple their browser to where most sites
| fail to display properly.

I'm talking about a Windows help file, not a
webpage.

it is a web page.

And of course you don't know much of
anything about Windows.

i use windows nearly every day, along with other systems.

surprisingly, fcu appeared wednesday and not the several months that cu
took.

Windows help is a CHM file, which is a compiled
package including HTML pages, images, CSS, index,
etc. It has nothing to do with browser settings.

it's still rendered, the same as had it not been 'compiled' (it's not
really compiled).

and let's not forget that chm is a microsoft proprietary format, and a
utterly horrible one at that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Compiled_HTML_Help
Microsoft Compiled HTML Help is a Microsoft proprietary online help
format, consisting of a collection of HTML pages, an index and other
navigation tools. The files are compressed and deployed in a binary
format with the extension .CHM, for Compiled HTML. The format is
often used for software documentation.