Old October 16th 07, 02:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PCs Rule

Default Windows can't read card reader after Installing PSE 4

"Rick" wrote in message
ups.com...
Before installing Photoshop Elements 4, my computer throught Windows
XP explorer would read my card reader fine. I loaded PSE 4 and used
the PSE 4 photdownloader and was able to get photos fine from the card
reader. But I am not able to access the card reader from Windows
explorer so I can transfer photos to it from my hard drive so I can
print them out at an outside printer.
I then disabled the Photo downloader and rebooted the computer. The
card reader was not shown in Windows explorer like it was before I
loaded PSE 4.
When opening Irfanview photo viewer, I was able to see the card reader
and transfer photos one by one to it by "Save as" and using the card
reader as the destination.
Thus, my computer (by an photoviewer) sees the card reader but WIndows
explorer cannot see it as a removable memory source.
I would appreciate any advice on this on how to solve this problem.
Thanks, Rick

Do the slots for the card reader show in windows "disk management" and, if
so, do they still have drive letters assigned to them?