Old September 15th 17, 03:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Prize winning animal photography

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

What's the use of getting a tinyurl if one is going to publish the full
URL?

Because posting the real URL gives you some idea where the tinyURL will take
you which usually is long and a bit more discriptive which helps me decide
where or not I;'ll bother to click the link. It can also give you an idea of
whether or not you're going to a spam site or somewhere were you don't realy
want to go.

there is no need for tinyurl on usenet or any other place that is not
space-limited, and as you point out, it's a bad idea because you never
know where it might lead.

simply delimiting the url with angle brackets is all that's needed.