Old November 15th 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ali[_3_]

Default DSLR vs P&S a replay of Film vs Digital?

What a ridiculous argument.

A camera is nothing more than a tool to get what you want and P&S 'V' DSLR
is nothing more than what the user wants from a camera.

It's a bit like comparing a Ferrari to a BMW, or comparing a BMW to a Ford,
or comparing a Ford to a Daewoo.

"Bill Tuthill" wrote in message
Arguments over relative merits of DSLR vs P&S digicams
occupy a plurality of current traffic volume on r.p.d.

In many ways it reminds me of the film vs digital debate
of the last many years.

DSLR partisans seem like the defenders of film, because
they don't have a lot of firm evidence that their workflow
is superior, except at high ISO or some arcane usage.

I know DSLRs are selling well, but do these flame wars
indicate the beginning of the end?