Old August 25th 03, 02:54 PM
Mark Eversoll

In my opinion, your best bet is to file an action for the maximum amount
permitted in your jurisdiction for a small claims action. Hope she does
not appear in court. Absent her presence to defend her actions, you get
a default judgment which YOU. not the court, must enforce. That will
allow you to attach any assets of hers you can find as well as place
notice on her credit report. The chances of you getting paid are slim
but you already know that. You've learned a lesson here and now is the
time to move on with your career. I think anyone would respect a
photographer attempting to protect his work. Do less and you will be
stepped on again. The world is full of schmucks like her.

mp wrote:

I need help establishing a value for 36 slides for the purposes of
filing a small claims action. I've read several times that
professionals use a value of $1500 per original. But since I'm just
starting out, I'd never be able to justify that (have never sold a
transparency, have only done a few weddings). I was thinking more
like $100 per slide, but how do I justify this? Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Rather than post the situation here, here is a link that explains
what's happened. I've not received a response one week after sending
the letter.(http://www.photosig.com/go/forums/read?id=207982)

Also, any advice about how to word the letter that threatens small
claims court?

TIA
Mike