Old August 19th 03, 10:59 PM
news-server.austin.rr.com

Default Value of original transparencies? Please help!

Sounds like a tough situation if you dont want to make any one mad or damage
your reputation. Just document everything that you have done and continue
to do in your efforts to retain what is rightfully yours. Then try and find
a friend who is or knows a lawyer that will right up a quicky letter
politely requesting the expedited return of your property. Mail is
certified and return reciept. That would be the most tactful thing that you
can do. Hope some of this is helpful?

Warner in Texas
"mp" wrote in message
om...
I need help establishing a value for 36 slides for the purposes of
filing a small claims action. I've read several times that
professionals use a value of $1500 per original. But since I'm just
starting out, I'd never be able to justify that (have never sold a
transparency, have only done a few weddings). I was thinking more
like $100 per slide, but how do I justify this? Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Rather than post the situation here, here is a link that explains
what's happened. I've not received a response one week after sending
the letter.(http://www.photosig.com/go/forums/read?id=207982)

Also, any advice about how to word the letter that threatens small
claims court?

TIA
Mike