Old January 12th 11, 11:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil Ellwood

Default Nikon D7000 is made in China, CHINA!!!

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 19:12:20 -0600, John Turco wrote:

My late father once told me a story, along similar lines. An American
manufacturer tried to impress one of its lordly German counterparts, by
shipping samples of extrordinarily-tiny drill bits.

Those same items were soon returned -- with holes in them!

(Probably apocryphal, but, just sayin'.)

When I heard the story (in the early 60's it was the engineeering dept.
of a couple of universities. One sent the other a microscopically small
bolt, the second returned the bolt with nut attached which was returned
with holes drilled through the corners for a locking wire.

--
Neil
Linux counter 335851