Old November 16th 17, 05:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Windows 10. Horrible!

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Thursday, 16 November 2017 16:02:30 UTC, android wrote:
In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

A device such as a sexton can tell you where stars and planets
are at
time
so can a computer.

A sexton is not an electronic programable, by factory or user
device.

It's a device for findign your location on the earth.

You would need a chronometer and some tables too for doing that. An old
HP could replace the latter, properly programed...

How would you properly program it , without knowing where in the world
you
were

Here is some code for the HP-41 that I guess that could be converted for
my 15c:

http://www.hpmuseum.org/software/41td/stlp67.htm

Pointless though unless I get me one of these:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sextant

Yes I know so you're HP calculator can't do what you said then can it.

A 41 can replace those tables just as I wrote. I don't know if I can
squeze the program into my 15c though...

I might try one of those available for them "smart devices" first.

Download apps directly into your smartphone Goog free:

https://en.aptoide.com/installer

Would you care to financially sponsor a replication of of the Heyerdahl
Ra II expedition for me?

NO.

Oki...

If think that I have enough life in me left to
see it through! :-))

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor_Heyerdahl#Boats_Ra_and_Ra_II

--
teleportation kills