Old April 2nd 18, 08:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ragnusen Ultred

Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Am Mon, 02 Apr 2018 13:44:21 -0400, schrieb nospam:

they weren't pretending.
they know way more about how to do it correctly than you ever will.

Staying on technical track, and being purposefully helpful isn't your
strength, nospam.

Meanwhile, to add on topic purposefully helpful value, I report the
following for the tribal record to archive for future users to benefit.

The shop has instantly been far more responsive now that I provided them
with the Adobe Illustrator file, where they emailed how I could eliminate
the need for them to load the font altogether, which I reproduce below for
the tribal knowledge record to benefit.
"You can embed a font in AI, by turning the font into a shape.
1) Select the font with the black arrow tool.
2) Go to the TYPE drop down menu at the top of the AI app.
3) Select "create outlines".
You would do this as you very last step ... after the layout
was correct and everything was spelled & set up correctly."

I tried it and was successful, where I outline the steps in more detail:

1. I started Windows Adobe Illustrator 12.0.0 (from the CS2 suite)
2. I opened the PDF from PowerPoint into Adobe Illustrator (AI)
3. In AI, I ran "AI: Type Find Font" to find all the fonts
4. In that form I changed "Document" to "System"
Fonts in Document: 1*
Change from: Replace with Font From: [Document]
Change to: Replace with Font From: [System]
Then change the font from: 1*
Then change the font to: Roadgeek 2005 Series B
Then hit "Change All" and then "Done"
5. The Adobe Illustrator layout is now perfectly faithful to the original
6. In AI, I pressed "V" to get into the selection tool.
7. In AI, I pressed "Control+A" to select everything.
8. In AI, I pressed "Control+Shift+O" to create outlines
9. In AI, I pressed "Save As" to saved the *outlined.ai file
10. In AI, I also saved as a PDF to create the *outlined.pdf file
11. I checked with Ai: Type "Find Fonts"
12. That showed there were no longer any fonts in the document

Voila! No fonts needed. A perfect layout.
No manual layout required whatsoever in Adobe Illustrator.
Just load the file, and print it to vinyl.

Efficiency at last!