Old March 29th 18, 05:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ragnusen Ultred

Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Am Thu, 29 Mar 2018 07:15:31 -0700, schrieb Ragnusen Ultred:

Moving forward, I'm leaning toward PDF, DOC, or WMF, but I don't think WMF
can embed the fonts (I never worked with WMF).

Quick update.
Forget WMF. The PPT to WMF output looks nothing like the originals.

So it's only PDF and DOC/RTF (and other image-file formats) that are left
that AI will read in directly, but the DOC/RTF seems to only be the text
and not the graphics, so, without a 'converter' program of some type,
Microsoft Word DOC files are not feasible.

PDF with embedded fonts is the main option, it seems, although the MAC
Windows suite can't handle embedded fronts in Windows documents but I'm not
sure about whether the Mac Adobe Illustrator can handle embedded fonts in
PDF documents.

Another option, which came up on the helpful Windows newsgroup, is to
convert the font text to curves using this option (assuming the
no-longer-available MS Office 2007 plugin is already installed).

Office Logo Save As (choose PDF) Tools Publish

Tools contains these subsections
a. Map Network Drive...
b. Save Options...
c. General Options...
d. Web Options...
e. Compress Pictures...

In the "Save Options...", there is
A. Popular
B. Proofing
C. Save
D. Advanced
E. Customize
F. Trust Center
G. Resources

Under "Advanced" is a "Print" section, and under that is:
[_]Print TrueType fonts as graphics

However, I just ran a quick test, where the results of looking at a small
"e" zoomed tightly on saving to PDF with and without that option doesn't
seem to make any realistic difference at the size of two-inch letters
typical of road signs.

http://i.cubeupload.com/3Zbidh.gif

--
Assumes "SaveAsPDFandXPS.exe" is already installed:
2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS