Old June 25th 15, 12:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
MB[_4_]

Default The insatiable greed everywhere is stifling creativity and opportunity

On 24/06/2015 15:32, PeterN wrote:
On 6/24/2015 12:33 AM, Savageduck wrote:

As have many cops, I am happy to report that last night a Village Court
Justice ruled that the cop who gave me a parking ticket was wrong. (I
admit it was not a hard case to win.) The ticket was for parking over a
line. The line was covered with snow and was not visible.

Years ago I got my colleague (who was driving) to stop in the main
street whilst I picked up a newspaper. A police traffic car slowed down
and shouted for him to move because parking was not allowed. When I got
back I said I could park there until 10:00h so called at the police
station and spoke to the same traffic policeman (not ordinary plod). He
had never read the signs which define the parking restriction so said he
would check. I rang later and got the same person, he admitted he was
wrong and I was right! Amazed me that a traffic police officer never
bothered to actual check what the restrictions were.

A year or so later a traffic warden banged on my window and told me to
move at virtually the same place. I wrote to complain and had a
personal apology from the Chief Inspector, the warden had been
reprimanded for the way he thumped my car and also I was again right
about parking restrictions.