Old June 25th 15, 05:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default The insatiable greed everywhere is stifling creativity and opportunity

On 6/24/2015 9:15 PM, Mort wrote:
PeterN wrote:
On 6/24/2015 12:33 AM, Savageduck wrote:

snip

I suspect that this proposed new rule will not survive the vote.
...but I have been known to be wrong from time to time.

As have many cops, I am happy to report that last night a Village Court
Justice ruled that the cop who gave me a parking ticket was wrong. (I
admit it was not a hard case to win.) The ticket was for parking over a
line. The line was covered with snow and was not visible.

I had 2 worse ticket situations.

While driving with my ill and blind wife in Manhattan, I came to a
full stop at the roadside when I saw and heard an approaching hook and
ladder fire truck. While I was fully stopped in a safe place, in broad
daylight, the fire truck cut the corner too,tightly,and the swinging
rear part ripped off my car's front bumper and headlights with a
horrendous noise scaring the pants off me and my sightless wife. The
fire truck stopped,and a fireman came over and gave ME a summons. I
asked why, and he replied that he had city-wide orders that if any
N.Y.C. vehicle was in an accident, to automatically give the other
driver a summons!!!. After a period of 3 months, I received a notice
from a judge in Brooklyn that thee case was dismissed.

After visiting family in Ventura, CA, I returned home to N.Y. State, and
soon received a printout summons for $225.-, for (allegedly) running a
red light. It was generated by a red light camera via a company in
Arizona. It included a photo of me behind the wheel and a photo of my
license plate. Shades of Big Brother. At the top of the printout it
noted the number of minutes and seconds after the light turned red that
I passed through. The number was 00:00. When I first wrote them, they
demanded full payment by check. If the charges were dropped, then they
would return the check. I sent them the huge check. About 4 months
later, they returned the check with no apology.

N.B. They were outsmarted by their own technology. Time elapsed being
00:00 means that I did not run the red light.

Two years ago I was T boned by a drunken cop. I had a loaner car, which
was totaled. Fortunately nobody was seriously injured. I was given a
ticket for failure to yield the right of way. After many postponments, I
agreed to a compromise plea, that only resulted in a small fine.
Although technically the charge should have been dismissed, it was not
worth my time to spend 3/4 of a day with BS.

One funny red light story I heard is that a driver was sent a photo of
him going through a red light. He sent a photo of a check in payment of
the fine. The Clerk had a sense of humor and sent the driver a photo of
a set of handcuffs. The driver sent a real check.

I heard of one guy who

--
PeterN