Old April 19th 18, 12:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system
Ragnusen Ultred

Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Am Wed, 18 Apr 2018 16:20:31 -0700, schrieb Alan Baker:

Bull****.
So it was the 10 layers of compound paths, not the conversion of text to
paths.

Hi Alan Baker,

*Are you technically competent with Adobe Illustrator?*

I'm not, but the printers are supposed to be.
I can only tell you that I gave them a perfectly good set of files.

1. PPT 2007 with entire "Roadgeek 2005 Series B" font set embedded.
file.pptx

2. That file, saved as PDF, with fonts embedded, using the official MS Office SAVE-AS-PDF Utility.
file.pdf

3. That file sucked into Adobe Illustrator CS2, & with fonts substituted.
file_after_embedding_font_but_before_converting_to _shapes.ai

4. That file with fonts converted to shapes in AI CS2.
file_after_embedding_font_and_after_converting_to_ shapes.ai

5. That #4 AI-shape file saved as EPS from AI.
file_after_embedding_font_and_after_converting_to_ shapes.eps

6. That #4 AI-shape file saved as SVG from AI.
file_after_embedding_font_and_after_converting_to_ shapes.svg

7. The download of the font set where the only font used was:
Roadgeek 2005 Series B

If you're technically competent, maybe you can explain why the printers are
telling me that Adobe Illustrator created the "compound paths".

If you're not technically competent, then you'll just say "bull****", which
is what all the Apple Apologists say when they are confronted with facts
that they don't like.
--
HINT: Nobody has shown *any* technical competence in this ng yet, and
certainly you haven't. Meanwhile, I only speak fact and I supplied all