Old February 22nd 18, 04:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default How political-correctness ruined the Pirelli calendar

In article , PeterN
wrote:

In article , PeterN
wrote:
Last year there was a Star Trek exhibit on the Intrepid. It combined the
original with the Next Generation. I was told that most of the actors
were nice, regular guys. William Shattner was charging for his
autograph. I leave the name for that, up to the readers.

most of them do that. they know the fans will pay, so why not.

Not when they are being paid for the appearance. And the fans are making
a generous donation to a charity.
BTW I used to represent entertainers. Most thought it beneath them to
charge for an autograph. They either declined, or gave one free. I don't
know the source for your statement, but I KNOW it's not true.

I went to ST convention and most of the stars you had to pay for their
autographs and pay for the part where they stand on stage and answer
questions.
Depending on who they were the cost was set, some were free but most cost
money, I only went to the free ones.
But this wasn't a charity event.

I specifically was talking about charitable fund raisers.

no you weren't. you didn't say *anything* about charity. you said 'a
star trek exhibit'.