Old February 22nd 18, 04:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default How political-correctness ruined the Pirelli calendar

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Last year there was a Star Trek exhibit on the Intrepid. It combined the
original with the Next Generation. I was told that most of the actors
were nice, regular guys. William Shattner was charging for his
autograph. I leave the name for that, up to the readers.

most of them do that. they know the fans will pay, so why not.

Not when they are being paid for the appearance. And the fans are making
a generous donation to a charity.

yes when they're being paid for the appearance.

i've been to several cons and paying for autographs and/or photos is
standard fare.

the lines are long, so few people find it to be an issue.

BTW I used to represent entertainers. Most thought it beneath them to
charge for an autograph. They either declined, or gave one free. I don't
know the source for your statement, but I KNOW it's not true.

personal experience is my source.

You go to charitable events where the donation is between $500 and
$1,000 per person, and then paid for an autograph?
I have difficulty believing that.

you didn't originally say it was a charitable event.

charity != con.

as usual, you move the goalposts.

as i said, i've been to many cons and paying for autographs and/or
photos is standard.