Old March 12th 09, 06:48 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

Default Favourite B&W Films.

David Nebenzahl wrote:

I agree; at least I hope that's the case. The giants will abandon film
sooner or later (meaning consumer film like we're discussing here;
they'll probably always make the speciality stuff used for various
industrial processes).

Eventually those industrial processes will be replaced with nonphotographic
ones.

So it will be up to smaller companies to make it
something of a boutique industry. Fine with me, so long as the film is
still available.

IMHO it will be better. There will be less film made and less variety, but
the companies that do make it won't be worried about selling their product
at Wal-Mart.

Geoff.