Old December 1st 18, 12:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Camera drones

On 2018-11-24 10:42, Alfred Molon wrote:

The Mavic 2 Pro is the most likely candidate, but I must say it's still
quite expensive (around 1400 Euro here in Germany).
The only thing which scares me a bit, if this thing has any technical
glitch and falls on the ground from an altitude of 100 metres, it
probably smashes into little pieces and you lose the 1400 Euro you spent
on it. Are these drones reliable, i.e. they won't just fall from the
sky?

DJI drones are extremely reliable with "drop out of the sky" issues
quite rare.Â* Where Mavic Pro's are concerned, such incidents are most
likely failure to ensure the battery is latched into place.

The main concern is, no matter how reliable they are, you never fly over
people or property that could get damaged.

How true. Many moons ago, I saw an out of control model plane hit and
kill someone. It was during a halftime show at a Jets football game.

--
PeterN