Old November 26th 18, 06:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Google phone versus $3500 Sony FF

In article , David Taylor
wrote:

As I understand it, the Pixel has, effectively, post-exposure image
stabilisation, having taken a sequence of images. It does this by image
macting rather than movement compensation. That's why I said that other
cameras might be able to use the same technique.

you understand wrong. the pixel uses machine learning to combine
multiple exposures, similar to hdr but optimized for low light. it also
varies the exposure of each photo based on subject movement.