Old March 26th 05, 08:39 PM
Ben Rosengart

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 01:17:43 GMT, Digi - Reb wrote:

Since "quality" Canon glass is somewhat out of my price range this is =
the
lens I'm considering as my walk around lens.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ist&A=3Ddetai=
ls&Q=3D&sku=3D350973&is=3DREG
also considering...
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ist&A=3Ddetai=
ls&Q=3D&sku=3D284399&is=3DREG

These links just take me to the B&H front page, I'm afraid.
Probably because of the quoted-(un)printable encoding. It would
be better if you posted your message as regular text rather than
multipart MIME with text and HTML.

Any thoughts or user testimonials, both pro and con would be =
appreciated, as
well as any other serious recommendations.

Assuming we're talking about 20-something to 70-something f/2.8 zooms ...

Photozone.de disparages the Sigma 24-70 and talks up the Tamron 28-75.
Doesn't provide much detail though. Follow this link and look at
"Alternatives", underneath the table:

http://www.photozone.de/2Equipment/canonFAQ.htm#28L

They don't mention the Tokina 28-70, another competitor in this range.

--
Ben Rosengart (212) 741-4400 x215
--Josh Micah Marshall