Old June 28th 04, 02:10 AM
Don Wheeler

Default ***FLASH*** sCI-fI writer Ray Bradbury claims ownership oftheword"Fahrenheit"

Phil Wheeler wrote:

Don Wheeler wrote:

Phil Wheeler wrote:

± wrote:

Don Wheeler wrote:

"Fahrenheit"

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=38776

In an interview the
author conducted by the Swedish
daily Dagens Nyheter, Mr. Bradbury is quoted as saying:

"Michael Moore is a screwed
a--hole, that is what I think about
that case," Bradbury said according
to an English translation of the
story. "He stole my title and
changed the numbers without ever
asking me for permission."

"Something Wicked This Way Comes" stolen from William Shakespeare.
"I Sing the Body Electric!" stolen from Walt Whitman.
"Golden Apples of the Sun" stolen from William Butler Yeats.

Not unusual, that practice. The difference is that those authors were
dead and therefore the courtesy of asking permission could not be
extended. Moore did have that opportunity, since Bradbury is alive.

Phil

And , according to Michael Moore, he did try to talk to him "many" times
prior as a courtesy,
but Bradburry refused all requests to speak with Moore..

Do you have any information that Moore did not , as you seem to imply ?

Of course not; no tap on his phone by me. But "according to Michael
Moore" means little to me.

Phil

But , of course !
Meanings are like opinions, we all have one..

don wheeler