Old December 31st 05, 01:34 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

Default Epson 4900 Sample Scans vs. Microtek, Nikon

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 10:51:22 GMT, "Matt Clara"
wrote:

I take it you don't actually own the microtek? [grumbles] now I want one of
those... ;-)

I sold the Microtek a couple months ago.

It had a streaking/banding issue on 4x5 that I only
discovered after I'd been using it a couple of months.

OK, maybe I discovered it before then, but I kept
hoping I could fix it or deal with it somehow...

I got it in early 2004 for a cool $1K at closeout,
and sold it for 1/4 of that. Not one of my better
investments. (These puppies went for around
$5K new, about 5 or 6 years ago.)

It was a huge, noisy beast, 85 lbs in its shipping
carton, which was about the size of a Buick.
Sending it back to Microtek for service was
just not realistic.

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com