Old July 13th 18, 06:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default The new 100-400mm seems to work.

On Jul 12, 2018, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 22:11:27 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

Check this shot and a 100% crop of the top of the sail.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-f5k8TQh/0/9ebe2259/O/i-f5k8TQh.jpg

Now that's better.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-xJ9w5gP/0/a2225efd/O/i-xJ9w5gP.jpg

... and that's interesting ... umm.

...and what exactly did you find interesting?

I was thinking that the edges look slightly fuzzy and the contrast is
soft. Here by way of comparison is a photograph I took some years ago when I first got my D300 https://www.dropbox.com/s/usuksr9zjd...C1038.jpg?dl=0

and here is a 100% crop of the same image.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6v6tu0sin...8-100.jpg?dl=0

Now I am somewhat baffled that you find my windsurfer shot above in anyway
comparable to your postage stamp size kite shot.

Here is a different example from the same shoot, with a 100% crop.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-sFT2N6g/0/2fd7f912/O/i-sFT2N6g.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-mRpmjJz/0/6d12881d/O/i-mRpmjJz.jpg

....and if it is a kite shot you need, there were kite surfers there, so here
is one which can provide a more meaningful comparison with a 100% crop.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-qGmChmc/0/c22cf6b3/O/i-qGmChmc.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-87wst94/0/84a9ac51/O/i-87wst94.jpg

No processing has been done other than converting from NEF to JPG.

Would it have mattered, given that the original target was so small?

Savageduck