Old June 25th 18, 10:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Action shot few like to see

On Jun 25, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 6/24/2018 8:03 PM, John McWilliams wrote:
On 6/24/18 PDT 3:32 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jun 24, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

I went to the polo matches, earlier. This is not the type of action shot
I was seeking.
Fortunately, both the pony and layer are OK.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kfgkk5be8yl3m2v/20180624_polo_7896.jpg?dl=0

I gather that you meant “player” not “layer” which implies
something
very different.

Nice capture.It could be a adjusted a tad brighter in post, but that
is just
my opinion. That is an image which deserves to be seen as a larger
version.
Unless of course it has fallen victim to the PeterN crop process.

I'd say quite underexposed/developed. But good shot!

Thanks for your comments. That image was one of a series that I took
setting the camera in manual, with auto ISO. In post I also decreased
white and light, while slightly increasing the shadows. Is this better?
I applied a levels adjustment, sharpened a tad, and cropped.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cif6pwbum1...dit.%20cropped.
jpg?dl=0

from the same series. To avoid the obvious comment from the Duck, I ran
it through NIK DeNoise.;-)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2q1dm4lalkvoove/20180624_polo_7894-Edit.jpg?dl=0

Which obvious Duck comment?

“I see noise”? or “That seems to be strangely sharpened”? or “What
were you thinking with those crops”?

Savageduck