Old March 11th 05, 10:45 AM
Colin D

Fredrik Nilsson wrote:

Has anyone got opinions (pros and cons) about the Panasonic DMC-LC80?

Just to echo the previous poster's comments. I bought my wife an LC80
5Mpixel camera recently, and it is certainly compact, but seems to have
fairly advanced features. Provided you use half-pressure on the trigger
when setting up a shot, the shutter lag is almost non-existent when you
fire. Images are very good, at least up to 10x8 they are as good as
those from my 300D slr.

I have some reservations about the software supplied, Ulead version 8
seems flaky, overwriting some of Windows screen data, like obscuring the
Start button with a blank white block, and the minimize/maximize/exit
icons in the top right corner of programs being changed to a half-black,
half-white block - this for all subsequent programs after running Ulead
( running Win2000Pro). A reboot restores normal operation.

However, using a card reader, Canon's Zoombrowser (from my 300D) works
well.

Colin