Old March 9th 05, 05:36 AM
DoN. Nichols

In article , Paul Bielec wrote:
Larry wrote:

[ ... ]

I use a small Canon A60 when I don't want to bring my DRebel (hiking,
biking, skiing). It makes great 4x6 for a 2MP P&S camera.
When I looked at D70, it gave a rougher impression. I don't remember
exactly what it was, but there was something really cheap about it, the
battery or memory card maybe. Something that didn't fit in on a camera
in that price range.

Hmm ... I haven't noticed anything of that sort.

The battery is a specialized Li-ion battery which gives an
amazing number of shots per charge. (Well over 700 shots at the
medim/fine size JPEGs on a 1GB flash card, I've not filled a flash card
with RAW for a comparison -- but a large percentage of those shots used
the built-in flash at some distance.)

As for the Flash Card -- you buy your own choice for that, the
same with the other cameras. The Nikon kit (I have been told) does not
come with a Flash Card. My D70 body certainly did not. Thus, I was
able to pick my own choice in the size/cost/speed tradeoff. (I opted
for a 1GB 80X Lexar -- and got another one a week or so later. I've
only had to roll over to the second on a long weekend trip with a
wedding involved. (No -- I was not the pro, but I took a lot of shots
anyway. :-)

And I have been quite happy with my D70 -- but I already had
Nikon glass. Otherwise, the Cannon might have had a greater chance.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564