Old March 7th 05, 11:09 PM
Jan Böhme

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 14:29:55 GMT, "ian lincoln"
wrote:

"Clyde Torres" wrote in message
. com...
"Alice" wrote in message ...
http://www.digitalreview.ca/cams/Nik...sRebelXT.shtml

I'm not sure this review puts to bed anything. The Nikon/Canon zealots
will read what they want out of it and come up with different conclusions.

I for one have both a D70 and 20D. They are far superior cameras to the
original Digital Rebel, and from what I can see, the D70 is still superior
to the 350D DRXT. Oh,well, to each her own.

Reading the first page the feature set has the slight edge for nikon in
terms of shear number of advantages over the other.

Yes. Although one of the Nikon advantages is duplicated in their list
(the metering) and two arguably insignificant advantages for Nikon are
included (the 1.5 crop factor is touted as a "larger sensor" in
comparison to the crop factor of 1,6 with the 350D, and the startup
time of 0,02 seconds is given as faster then the 0,2 sec of EOS 350D,
when both times are faster than itnormally would take to raise the
camera to one's eyes) I didn't find a correspondingly irrelevant or
insignificant advantage listed on the Canon side. (Well, I suppose
that one could argue that the colour choice options for the 350D body
are irrelevant and insignficant as far as actual photography goes.)

Furthermore, one Nikon advantage is with "optional" software, which I
suppose means that you don't get unless you pay extra money not
accounted for in the price comparison. And the warranty advantage
would seem to be Canada-specific, too.

So, instead of 23-16 in favour of Nikon, it is more of 19-15 in Canada
and 18-15 outside of it. Still an edge in numbers, but not quite as
impressive anymore.

Jan Böhme
Korrekta personuppgifter är att betrakta som journalistik.
Felaktigheter utgör naturligtvis skönlitteratur.