Old March 7th 05, 07:32 AM
measekite

Bill wrote:

Brian C. Baird wrote:

http://www.digitalreview.ca/cams/Nik...sRebelXT.shtml

Kind of ridiculous to compare a $99 lens with a nearly $300 one and base
your judgment on the camera heavily on that.

I agree, the Nikon gets the edge in image quality due to the better
glass on it.

The glass on the kit lens should not be an issue. Compare the bodies.
The DRXT buyer should consider getting the !8-85 S lens. The D70 user
should get the Kit lens. Then compare the results.

Perhaps if you couple the 350/XT with a similar quality
lense like the 28-105 f/3.5-4.5, that optical edge is removed and it
once again becomes more a comparison of the bodies.

It's too bad Canon didn't have an 18-70 or similar lense to compare with
the Nikkor 18-70.

Read above comment.

Now that I think about it, I'd like to see Canon come
out with a non-IS version of their 17-85 with the same optical quality,
as it would be a good everyday lense for a good price. It would be an
excellent starter lense for the Rebel series and 20D too.