Old March 7th 05, 04:29 AM

Alice wrote:
http://www.digitalreview.ca/cams/Nik...sRebelXT.shtml

Interesting comparison.

I think he went into too much detail on items that don't matter (i.e
0.2 versus 0.02 seconds start-up time), and didn't concentrate enough
on important items.

Strongest negative of the 350D is the lack of spot metering. Strongest
negative of the D70 is the noise at higher ISO settings, ISO range, and
moire.

Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I always tend to first look at what the
reviews say are the "negatives" or "cons" of each camera, and find the
fewest cons that are important, and for which their is no workaround.
Then I look at the "positives" or "pros" of the models that haven't
been eliminated by the "negatives" or "cons."

The biggest drawbacks of the D70 are noise at higher ISO settings, and
excessive moire, for which there is no real work-arounds. The lack of
mirror lock-up, and the lack of a vertical grip (even though there is
an after-market grip coming), would be other issues that some people
may care about, though maybe not in the amateur segment.

Steve
http://digitalslrinfo.com